The IDEAS Hub Masterclasses are high quality, hands on courses that are specifically designed to empower social changemakers.
Developed and delivered in partnership with leading individuals and organisations in the relevant fields, each masterclass offers a unique and immersive learning experience. The programmes are designed to develop essential skills and qualities through practical application.
Why should you attend a Masterclass? Each course:
- has been carefully developed to teach participants essential skills in the relevant domain
- is multidisciplinary; prepare to delve deep into the intersections of business, technology and social changemaking and learn about the world through a different lens.
- has been developed with thought leaders in the relevant domain and involves experienced practitioners as speakers and mentors
- involves developing practical solutions to real world issues
We are proud to offer the following courses for October 2017:
- Eco-design & Technology for Marine Conservation
(26 October to 28 October 2017)
The oceans contain the most diverse habitats on Earth and there is, increasingly, a need to limit human-caused damage to our marine ecosystems. Organized by the IDEAS Hub in partnership with the St. John’s Island National Marine Laboratory and Van Oord, Eco-design & Technology for Marine Conservation is a 3 day immersive programme exploring how technology and the use of eco-design in marine engineering can contribute to conservation efforts.
With marine fisheries dwindling, coral reefs bleaching, the climate changing and sea levels rising, the ocean is gradually losing its ability to provide the benefits that we have come to rely on: food, livelihood, and climate regulation. With these increased pressures on our marine environment, there is a need to step up marine conservation efforts and find solutions to address these problems.To find out more, click here.
This course is geared at exploring how the use of eco-design and innovative technology can be harnessed for the sustainable development of the marine environment.
The age range for this course is 14-18 years of age.